Without good business marketing strategies your business is like a rudderless boat in an ocean of fierce competition. A marketing strategy is more than simple advertising. It is a series of marketing goals and choices that affect and are guided by your business's vision, policies and general operations and should be a central focus of your time and resources. Getting your sales and marketing strategies right straight away is extremely important in today's highly competitive commercial world.
Marketing your business
Every business owner wants to strengthen and grow their business, increase sales and profit and become a solid competitor in their chosen field. A good marketing strategy defines these goals and will outline a series of tactics or business growth strategies to help keep your business on track, responsive to market fluctuations and set for success. A marketing strategy will usually cover one financial year and should be designed to be reviewed regularly.
Business marketing strategies tips
There are a few key ideas that are crucial to successful business marketing management and your business's marketing and sales strategies. In developing your own business's marketing strategy or small business strategy, it is important to:
- Define your company or brand
- Describe your marketing goals and overall vision
- Identify your products and services (what are you offering and how does it compare to your competition's product)
- Define your target market or demographic (may include market research)
- Identify what distinguishes your business from the competition (why are you unique – this will be a compelling selling point)
No business is too small for a marketing strategy and marketing plan. Successfully designing and establishing your own business's marketing strategy is a major step in helping your business succeed and grow in the future.
Business marketing plans
While your marketing strategy is the framework of your business's marketing goals and vision, your marketing plan should be the driving force that puts all of that information into practice. Large and small business marketing plans work to actively implement a business's marketing strategy. Your marketing plan should ideally outline:
- Your sales and distribution arrangements
- Your pricing range in comparison to your competition
- Marketing channels you will use (television, internet or newspaper advertising, your website, promotions, public relations)
- A service delivery plan – your customer service and human resources, including staff training and complaint resolution
Business marketing strategies and marketing plans are essential tools for your business's future growth. Not only is it important for you to get them right the first time, it is equally important to review your marketing strategy regularly. Markets change and marketing modes and opportunities can be short-lived and unpredictable. Using a professional consultant with experience in the field of business marketing is often the best answer.
What Gateway can offer
For business marketing services and marketing strategy consulting you can't go past the experts at Gateway Financial Partners. Our professionals have been helping businesses with their marketing plans and strategies for more than 20 years. We can sit down with you to help map out the future of your business and offer advice on how to get your business where you want it to be. For an obligation-free meeting with one of our partners call us on 07 3226 1800 or complete our online contact form.